Springfield Historic Sites - Old State Capitol
Home  ›   Photo Gallery  ›   Shutt House
Shutt House


Shutt House


525 South 8th Street
Springfield, IL

Present owner: U. S. Dept. of Interior, National Park Service, Lincoln Home Site

On the National Register.

Built prior to 1859, the house was rented to lawyer George Shutt in 1860.  Although a neighbor of Abraham Lincoln, Shutt supported Stephen A. Douglas in the presidential Campaign of 1860.