The 2013 St. Patrick’s Day parade will be held on Saturday, March 16th at noon. The Springfield St. Patrick’s March Band Parade provides Springfield and the surrounding communities with a day filled with fun for all ages while embracing the great Irish heritage and traditions of the Springfield community.
The parade starts on Jefferson & 6th streets heading west to 5th street; The parade turns south on 5th street to Capitol street; Then heading north on 6th street to the reviewing stand, then to Washington street turning east, back to the beginning.
This year, the Parade Board has selected Jim McDonough as the Grand Marshal, for his 30+ years of volunteer and community service work and past service as President of the Springfield St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
- Parade starts at 12 pm
- Outside sales are available from 11 am – 5 pm
- Spectators must have a wrist band to consume alcohol outside. Wrist bands can be purchased form downtown vendors
- Last call for outside sales is 5:30 pm
- No personal alcohol is allowed
- No personal coolers are allowed
- Glass bottles are NOT allowed on the streets, police will strictly enforce this rule
- No bikes, pets (unless for service needs), or skateboards allowed
For more information: http://www.springfieldirish.org/