City of Springfield, Illinois

James O. Langfelder - Mayor

Skip Navigation Links

Cannabis Grant Application


This special grant program is made possible by a portion of the local cannabis sales tax. The Springfield City Council has designated 22% of this tax for the rehabilitation of owner-occupied homes and the remaining 78% for minority owned businesses. At this time, we are only accepting applications for owner-occupied homes.

Please note: Funding is limited to the amount of cannabis sales tax revenue available. The program prioritizes low-income applicants and projects that address health and safety.

Deadline to apply first round of funding is July 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.


ELIGIBILITY

To qualify for this grant, the resident must reside in the area bounded by Carpenter Street on the north, Ash Street on the south, Dirksen Parkway on the east and 10th Street rail corridor on the west.

This grant program will provide up to $25,000 of assistance to property owners of single-family, owner-occupied properties for eligible exterior improvements including:

  • Exterior painting or siding
  • Exterior tuck-pointing and masonry
  • Roofs
  • Windows
  • Front porches/front stairs

REQUIREMENTS
  • The participant must pay 5% of the entire repair cost.
  • The participant must own the home and reside at the address.
  • The participant must provide proof of home owner insurance.
  • Taxes must be current.
  • The participant must not owe any debt to the City (no parking tickets, outstanding CWLP bills, etc.)
  • If approved for the grant, everyone listed on the deed to the home must sign off on the agreement

If you reside within the funding area and are interested in applying for a grant, please follow these steps.

  1. Apply online by providing your information below
  2. Contact two contractors to get bids for the scope of work. If you are looking to do more than one type of repair work, you will need two bids for each. For example, if you are looking at doing a roof and porch, you would need two bids for the roof and two bids for the porch.
  3. Submit the Two Bids to the Office and Planning and Economic Development (OPED). After this information is received, OPED will contact you to provide additional information to complete the process.

 Sign up period has ended.

The first round of funding has ended. Staff will be in touch with all that have submitted information. Please check back for future funding opportunities.